FIND OTHER CONTRIBUTORS
DIRECTOR OF TAX - ECONOMOS GROUP
James is Director of Tax at Economos Group and an expert in his space. He is a regular commentator on a variety of tax issues in Australia and has featured in inTax Magazine, Australian Journal of Financial Planning, Australian Institute of Administrative Law Forum, Weekly Tax Belletin, Taxation in Australia (The Blue Book).
He is an expert in the following areas;
- CGT (especially the small business CGT concessions);
- CGT rollovers (including flip-ups to the US for a number of Australian start-ups expanding offshore, generally to the US);
- employee share scheme structuring (including the recent changes introduction the concessional provisions for eligible start-ups);
- duties reliefs;
- property development structuring (income tax, CGT, GST, duty and landholder duty issues);
- inbound/outbound international tax (pre-departure advice for Australian individuals or companies heading overseas, pre-arrival advice for foreigner individuals or companies heading to Australia);
- taxation of trusts (including resettlement issues); and
- accruals taxation (CFC issues).
James is currently building a 'White Labelling' service to carry out the tax advisory function for other professional services firms.
Connect with James Meli on LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/in/james-meli-825b2827