Welcome to our website. This website is owned and operated by The Outperformer Pty Ltd (ABN 69 608 961 780), its successors and assignees (we, our or us). It is available at: www.theoutperformer.co (Site) and may be available through other addresses or channels.
- Information: The information, including statements, opinions and documents, contained in this Site (Information) is for general information purposes only. It does not take into account your specific needs, objectives or circumstances, and it is not advice. Any reliance you place on the Information is at your own risk. Before acting on any Information, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances, carry out your own research and seek professional advice, where necessary.
- Amendment: The Information and Terms may be amended without notice from time to time in our sole discretion. Your use of our Site following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. You should check the Terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes, and only proceed to use the Site if you accept and will comply with the new Terms.
- Your warranties: You warrant to us that you have the legal capacity to enter these Terms and form a contract, and that you have read and understood these Terms, before using the Site.
- Licence to use the Site: We grant you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable, worldwide, non-transferable right and licence to use the Site for your personal, non-commercial use, in accordance with these Terms. All other uses are prohibited without our prior written consent.
- Prohibited conduct: You must not:
- Use the Site for any activities, or post or transmit any material from the Site:
- unless you hold all necessary rights, licences and consents to do so;
- that infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any person;
- that would cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule, code or other legal obligation;
- that defames, harasses, threatens, menaces, offends or restricts any person;
- that is or could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy; or
- that would bring us, or the Site, into disrepute;
- Interfere with or inhibit any user from using the Site;
- Use the Site to send unsolicited email messages;
- Attempt to or tamper with, hinder or modify the Site, knowingly transmit viruses or other disabling features, or damage or interfere with the Site, including but not limited to the use of trojan horses, viruses, or piracy or programming routines that may damage or interfere with the Site; or
- Facilitate or assist a third party to do any of the above acts.
- Copyright and intellectual property rights: Our Site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and is protected by Australian and international laws, including but not limited to the trademarks, trade names, software, content, design, images, graphics, appearance, layout and look of our Site. We own the copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works displayed on the Site.
You agree that, as between you and us, we own all intellectual property rights in the Site, and that nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights. Your use of the Site does not grant you a licence to, or act as a right to, use any of the intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the owner.
You must not breach any copyright or intellectual property rights connected with the Site. This includes but is not limited to:
- altering or modifying any of the code or the material on the Site;
- causing any of the material on the Site to be framed or embedded in another website;
- creating derivative works from the content of the Site; or
- using the Site for commercial purposes.
- Republishing: You may republish, copy, distribute, transmit, or publicly display (in hard copy, soft copy or online) material on the Site on the following grounds:
- you must make no alterations to the material;
- you must attribute the material to our Site, including linking back to our Site where possible; and
- you must not do so in a way that could reasonably be considered to be obscene, inappropriate, defamatory, disparaging, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy, or that would bring us, or the Site, into disrepute.
- Your content: If you choose to add any content on the Site, you:
- warrant to us that you have all necessary rights to post the content;
- grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide and transferable right and licence to use that content in any way (including but not limited to, by reproducing, changing, and communicating the content to the public) and permit us to authorise any other person to do the same thing; and
- you consent to any act or omission which would otherwise constitute an infringement of your moral rights, and if you add any content in which any third party has moral rights, you must ensure that the third party consents in the same manner.
- Third party information: The Site may contain third party information, including but not limited to user comments, guest articles and advertisements (Third Party Information). We do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Information, including any information, products or services mentioned in Third Party Information. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of Third Party Information for you.
- Third party links and websites: This Site may contain links to websites owned by third parties (Third Party Sites). We do not control, recommend, endorse, sponsor or approve Third Party Sites, including any information, products or services mentioned on Third Party Sites. You should make your own investigations with respect to the suitability of Third Party Sites for you.
- Reservation of rights: We reserve the right to amend or delete any and all of your content, Third Party Information and/or Third Party Sites, and to block any user, if we believe that there is a violation of these Terms, or for any other reason, in our sole discretion.
- Delays and outages: We are not responsible for any delays or interruptions to the Site. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimise delays and interruptions. We cannot warrant that the Site will be available at all times or at any given time. We may at any time and without notice to you, discontinue the Site in whole or in part. We are not responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may result from our discontinuance of the Site.
- Limitation of liability: To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, costs or expense, whether direct, indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential including loss of profits, suffered by you or any third party, or claims made against you or any third party which result from any use of or access to, or any inability to use or access, the Site.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, guarantees, warranties or terms (whether express or implied) other than those expressly set out in these Terms, and the Australian Consumer Law to the extent applicable.
- Disclaimer: The Site is provided to you without warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the functions contained in any material on the Site or your access to the Site will be error free, that any defects will be corrected, that the Site or the server which stores and transmits material to you are free of viruses or any other harmful components, or that the Site will operate on a continuous basis or be available at any time.
While we endeavour to keep the Site and Information up to date and correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantee, express or implied, about:
- the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any Information, images, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Site for any purpose;
- Third Party Information; or
- Third Party Sites.
You read, use, and act on information contained on the Site, Third Party Information and/or Third Party Sites, strictly at your own risk.
- Indemnity: By using the Site, you agree to defend and fully indemnify and hold us (and our officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents) harmless from and against all claims, actions, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis), including in tort, contract or negligence, arising out of or connected to:
- your use of or access to the Site;
- any breach by you of these Terms; or
- any wilful, unlawful or negligent act or omission by you.
This defence and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and your use of the Site. These Terms, and any rights and licences granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us without restriction.
- Breach: You may only use the Site for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the Site. By using the Site, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in these Terms are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable you must not use the Site. We reserve the right to remove any and all content found to be in breach of intellectual property rights, including without limitation copyright, or which in our opinion is deemed inappropriate and/or illegal. If you breach these Terms, we reserve the right to block you from the Site and to enforce our rights against you. If we do not act in relation to a breach of these Terms by you, this does not waive our rights to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches of these Terms by you. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved.
- Exclusion of competitors: You are prohibited from using the Site, including the Information, in any way that competes with our business. If you breach this term, we will hold you responsible for any loss that we may sustain, and hold you accountable for any profits that you may make from non-permitted use. We reserve the right to exclude any person from using the Site and Information, in our sole discretion.
- Enforceability: If any provision of these Terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, then the provision will not apply in that jurisdiction and is deemed not to have been included in these Terms in that jurisdiction. This will not affect the remainder of these Terms, which continue in full force and effect.
- Further assurances: Each party must, at its own expense, do everything reasonably necessary to give full effect to these Terms and the events contemplated by them.
- Termination: These Terms are effective until terminated by us, which we may do at any time and without notice to you. In the event of termination, all restrictions imposed on you by these Terms and limitations of liability set out in the Terms will survive.
- Disputes: You agree to use your best endeavours to use mediation and negotiation to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to these Terms, prior to resorting to an external dispute resolution process. Please notify us in writing of any dispute you may have.
- Jurisdiction: Your use of the Site and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. These Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales. The Site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the Site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access the Site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the Site.
For questions and notices, please contact us at:
THEOUTPERFORMER PTY LTD (ABN 69 608 961 780)
Level 6, 70 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 01 April 2016
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.
ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions (Terms) are between THEOUTPERFORMER PTY LTD (ABN 69 608 961 780) its successors and assignees (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) and you, the person, organisation or entity that wishes to access career information and career management tools and services (Services) from us (referred to as “you” or “your”), and collectively the Parties. These Terms apply to all sales made by us to you.
- Our Services are available at theoutperformer.co (Site).
- You agree that these Terms form the agreement under which we will supply Services to you. Please read these Terms carefully. Please contact us if you have any questions using the contact details at the end of these Terms.
- You accept these Terms by ticking the online acceptance box, by making a purchase from us or using our Services. Using or purchasing our Services indicates that you have had sufficient opportunity to read these Terms and contact us if needed, that you have read, accepted and will comply with these Terms, and that you are 18 years or older. You must not order or use the Services if you are under 18 years of age. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not use or purchase our Services from us.
- REGISTRATION AND SERVICES
- Access to some of our Services may require you to:
- obtain a valid membership (Membership) by subscribing for a minimum period of 12 months or such other period of time as set out on the Site (Membership Period) and pay a monthly or annual Membership fee (Membership Fee). You may request our Services and Membership as an individual (Individual Membership) or as a business (Enterprise Membership); and
- register for an account (Account). If you hold an Individual Membership you are permitted to register for one Account. If you hold an Enterprise Membership, you may create a limited number of Accounts for users accessing the Services under your Membership (Permitted Users) as set out on the Site.
- From September 2017, a "Standard Membership" is available and there is no cost for subscription. Only services available and described on the website as included in the Standard Membership will provided and can change at our discretion.
- Various products and services provided by The Outperformer and/or partnerships may be purchased on the site. Any fees paid are non-refundable and it is your responsibility to attend, address or act on provided services within the timeframes presented at the time of purchase.
- It is your responsibility to keep the details of your Account(s), including user name and password, confidential. You are liable for all activity on your Account, including any purchases made using your details.
- Basic information is required when registering on the Site for an Account. You (or the Permitted Users) are required to provide certain information including name and email address and select a user name and password.
- We agree to perform the Services with due care and skill.
- We reserve the right to refuse any request that we deem inappropriate, unreasonable or illegal.
- We may provide the Services to you (and Permitted Users) using our employees, contractors and third party providers and they are included in these Terms.
- Third parties who are not our employees or our direct contractors (Third Parties) will be your responsibility. We are not responsible for the products or services provided by Third Parties.
- PRICE, INVOICING AND PAYMENT
- Where applicable, you agree to pay us upfront:
- the Membership Fees on a monthly or annual basis; and
- the fees, including payments and expenses for the Services that you have requested, as set out on the Site, (collectively the Fees) at the time you request our Services or at the time you register for an Account, as applicable. The amount of Fees and when they are payable may differ subject to your request for our Services including: (i) whether you are requesting an Individual Membership or an Enterprise Membership; (ii) the duration of the Membership Period; and (iii) the types of Services requested.
- If Membership Fees are payable, you agree to pay the Membership Fee for the first month or year (as applicable) prior to or at the time you register for an Account.
- You agree to pay the Fees by way of credit card or other payment methods as set out on the Site and, if necessary, you agree to enter into any direct debit arrangement as set out on the Site.
- All amounts are stated in Australian dollars. All amounts charged include Australian GST (where applicable).
- As indicated on the Site, payment options for the Fees in respect of Services may differ between the Services. Some of the Services require full Fees to be paid upfront, others allow Fees to be paid in monthly or annual instalments. For Membership Fees, if we do not receive a Membership Fee in full on its due date for any reason, we will not provide you (and the Permitted Users where applicable) with access to the Site, Services and any Account(s).
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, any Fees through any fraudulent or unlawful means. If a payment is not able to be successfully processed then you may not be able to access the Services or your Account.
- Payment will be taken once monthly in advance. Your payment day is either the 1st or the 15th day of teh month, whichever first succeeds your signup day.
- Our pricing structure, payment methods and these Terms may be amended from time to time at our discretion. The pricing changes will apply to you for Services provided to you after the date of the change. All other changes will apply from the date that the amended or new Terms are posted on our Site or are provided to you, whichever is earlier.
- YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- You warrant that throughout the term of these Terms that:
- if you are obtaining a Membership on behalf of an entity whether incorporated or otherwise, you have the power and authority to agree to these Terms;
- there are no legal restrictions preventing you from agreeing to these Terms;
- you will cooperate with us and provide us with information that is reasonably necessary to enable us to perform the Services as requested by us from time to time, and comply with these requests in a timely manner;
- the information you provide to us is true, correct and complete;
- you will not infringe any third party rights in working with us and receiving the Services;
- you will inform us if you have reasonable concerns relating to our provision of Services under these Terms, with the aim that we and you will use all reasonable efforts to resolve your concerns;
- you are responsible for obtaining any consents, licences and permissions from other parties necessary for the Services to be provided, at your cost, and for providing us with the necessary consents, licences and permissions;
- you consent to the use of your name and Intellectual Property in relation to the Services in a way which may identify you or a Permitted User;
- if you hold an Enterprise Membership, you agree to ensure each Permitted User uses the Site and Services in accordance with these Terms;
- if applicable, you hold a valid ABN which has been advised to us; and
- if applicable, you are registered for GST purposes.
- The Site offers a forum for Account holders to communicate. We ask you (and each Permitted User) to limit their discussions to those which are relevant to the Site and Services.
- We reserve the right to remove any posts by you which we, at our sole discretion, deem to be inappropriate.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are not permitted to post any posts or content which contain foul language, illegal material, defamatory comments, business advertisement, spam, religious debates, comments which incite fear and/or any form of abuse, insults or personal attacks.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for any and all content and Intellectual Property you (or a Permitted User) makes available through the Site and Services (Your Content). You represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole and exclusive owner of, or you hold the appropriate licence, rights, consents and releases as necessary to, all Your Content you make available through the Site and Services;
- by making available Your Content on or through the Site and Services, you grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, world-wide, royalty-free licence to use Your Content with the right to use, view, copy, adapt, modify, distribute, license, sell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast, access or otherwise exploit Your Content on, through or by means of the Site and Services for marketing or promotional purposes or as required for us to provide our Services; and
- Your Content and the posting, upload, publication, submission or transmission of your Content or use of Your Content (or any portion thereof) on, through or by means of the Site and the Services will not infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s Intellectual Property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- DISCOUNT CODES AND PROMOTIONS
- We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes, which may be applicable to our Services on the Site, and must be entered at the time of ordering the Services. The conditions of use relating to any discount code will be specified at the time that it is issued.
- OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The work and materials that we provide to you (and your Permitted Users, where applicable) in carrying out the Services contains material which is owned by or licensed to us and is protected by Australian and international laws (Materials). We own the Intellectual Property rights in the Materials including but not limited to copyright which subsists in all creative and literary works incorporated into our Materials.
- We provide the Materials for your (or each Permitted User’s, as applicable) exclusive, non-commercial use only.
- You agree that, as between you and us, we own all Intellectual Property rights in our Materials, and that nothing in these Terms constitutes a transfer of any Intellectual Property rights in our Materials, except as stated in these Terms or with our written permission. If you would like to use our materials, please contact us at [email protected] .
- Your (or your Permitted Users’, where applicable) use of our Materials does not grant you (or the applicable Permitted User) a licence, or act as a right to use, any Intellectual Property in the Materials, whether registered or unregistered, except as stated in these Terms or with our written permission.
- You must not breach our Intellectual Property rights by, including but not limited to:
- altering or modifying any of the Materials;
- creating derivative works from the Materials; or
- using our Materials for commercial purposes such as onsale to third parties.
Where applicable you will ensure that your Permitted Users do not breach our copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Upon receipt of the applicable Fees, we grant you (and your Permitted Users, where applicable) a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use the Materials in Australia for personal, non-commercial purposes for the Membership Period. For the avoidance of doubt, any licences granted to you or a Permitted User under these Terms shall be revoked on termination of these Terms.
- FEEDBACK AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Your feedback is important to us. We seek to resolve your concerns quickly and effectively. If you have any feedback or questions about the Services, please contact us.
- If there is a dispute between the Parties in relation to these Terms, the Parties agree to the following dispute resolution procedure:
- The complainant must tell the respondent in writing, the nature of the dispute, what outcome the complainant wants and what action the complainant thinks will settle the dispute. The Parties agree to meet in good faith to seek to resolve the dispute by agreement between them (Initial Meeting).
- If the Parties cannot agree how to resolve the dispute at the Initial Meeting, any Party may refer the matter to a mediator. If the parties cannot agree on who the mediator should be, the complainant will ask the Law Society of New South Wales to appoint a mediator. The mediator will decide the time and place for mediation. The Parties must attend the mediation in good faith, to seek to resolve the dispute.
- Any attempts made by the Parties to resolve a dispute pursuant to this clause are without prejudice to other rights or entitlements of the Parties under these Terms, by law or in equity.
- CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
- The Parties may terminate these Terms by mutual agreement, upon 60 days’ by written notice including by email.
- Either Party may immediately terminate these Terms, if there has been a material breach of these Terms, subject to following the dispute resolution procedure.
- We may terminate these Terms immediately, at our sole discretion, if:
- you fail to pay any or all of the Fees;
- we discover that you are (or any Permitted User is, where applicable) sharing our Materials or Account details with a third party;
- we consider that a request for the Service is inappropriate, improper or unlawful;
- you fail to provide us with clear or timely instructions to enable us to provide the Services;
- we consider that our working relationship has broken down including a loss of confidence and trust;
- you (or your Permitted Users, where applicable) act in a way which we reasonably believe will bring us or our Site into disrepute;
- you provide us with incorrect payment details or any other incorrect information;
- for any other reason outside our control which has the effect of compromising our ability to perform the work required within the required timeframe; or
- you (or any Permitted User, where applicable) misuses the Services, Site and Material in any way.
- You may cancel your Account and Membership via the Site prior to the expiry of your Membership Period. If you do we will not charge you any further Fees, including Membership Fees to your credit card. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, we may offer any refund upon cancellation at our sole discretion.
- If you hold an Individual Membership and you cancel your Account and Membership you may receive a refund of the applicable Membership Fee paid up to the date of cancellation (and which relate to the period following cancellation) less the Cancellation Fee.
- If you hold an Enterprise Membership, you may add or remove the number of Permitted Users in accordance with your Membership. Any removal of a Permitted User does not suspend the Membership Period. If you remove a Permitted User from your Membership within the Membership Period, you may do so via the Site. You may nominate another individual as a replacement Permitted User to use the Services for the remaining period until the expiry of Membership Period.
- On termination of these Terms you agree to promptly return (where possible), or delete or destroy (where not possible to return), our Confidential Information and Intellectual Property, and/or documents containing or relating to our Confidential Information and Intellectual Property.
- On termination of these Terms, we agree to promptly return (where possible), or delete or destroy (where not possible to return), your Confidential Information and Intellectual Property, and/or documents containing or relating to your Confidential Information and Intellectual Property.
- In accordance with our provision of Services, we will retain your documents (including copies) as required by law or regulatory requirements. Your express or implied agreement to these Terms constitutes your authority for us to retain or destroy documents in accordance with the statutory periods, or on termination of these Terms.
- The accrued rights, obligations and remedies of the Parties are not affected by the termination of these Terms.
- CONSUMER LAW, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS
- ACL: Certain legislation including the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), and similar consumer protection laws and regulations may confer you with rights, warranties, guarantees and remedies relating to the provision of Services by us to you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified (Statutory Rights). Our liability is governed solely by the ACL and these Terms.
- Services: If you are a consumer as defined in the ACL, the following applies to you: “We guarantee that the Services we supply to you are rendered with due care and skill; fit for the purpose that we advertise, or that you have told us you are acquiring the Services for or for a result which you have told us you wish the Services to achieve, unless we consider and disclose that this purpose is not achievable; and will be supplied within a reasonable time. To the extent we are to exclude liability; our total liability for loss or damage you suffer or incur from our Services is limited to us re-supplying the Services to you, or, at our option, us refunding to you the amount you have paid us for the Services to which your claim relates.”
- Delay: Where the provision of Services depends on your information or response, we have no liability for a failure to perform the Services in the period set out on the Site where it is affected by your delay in response, or supply of incomplete or incorrect information.
- Referral: On request by you, we may provide you with contact details of third party specialists. This is not a recommendation by us for you to seek their advice or to use their services. We make no representation or warranty about the third party advice or provision of services, and we disclaim all responsibility and liability for the third party advice or provision of services, or failure to advise or provide services.
- Warranties: To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all express and implied warranties, and all material and work is provided to you without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. We expressly disclaim all warranties including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Liability: To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all express or implied representations, conditions, guarantees and terms relating to the Services and these Terms, except those set out in these Terms, including but not limited to:
- implied or express guarantees, representations or conditions of any kind, which are not stated in these Terms;
- the Services being unavailable; and
- any loss, damage, costs including legal costs, or expense whether direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential and/or incidental, including loss of profits, revenue, production, opportunity, access to markets, goodwill, reputation, use or any indirect, remote, abnormal or unforeseeable loss, or any loss or damage relating to business interruption, or otherwise, suffered by you (or your Permitted Users, where applicable) or claims made against you (or a Permitted User, where applicable), arising out of or in connection with the Site, Services or use any Materials or information contained on the Site or your (or your Permitted Users’, where applicable) inability to access or use the Services, the Site or any Materials and the late supply of Services, and the provision by you (or your Permitted Users, where applicable) of services using or based on the information gained from the Site, or our Material, even if we were expressly advised of the likelihood of such loss or damage.
- Limitation: Our total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services, however arising, including under contract, tort, including negligence, in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the total fees paid by you to us in the twelve (12) month period prior to the event giving rise to the liability, or one hundred dollars (AUD$100) if no such payments have been made, as applicable.
- Information: While the information and material on the Site, in the Materials or otherwise provided to you by us is provided in good faith on an “as is” basis, we and our directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents accept no responsibility for and make no representations or warranties to you, a Permitted User or to any other person as to the reliability, accuracy, currency or completeness of the information in the Materials or information generally contained on the Site. Any reliance you place on the Materials or information contained on the Site is entirely at your own risk.
- This clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- No warranty is, or intended to be, given as to the accuracy or reliability of the information on the Site, Services or Materials or that the Materials and the Services will meet or comply with:
- your continuing professional development obligations if applicable; or
- any requirements for membership of any professional body including the ICAA, CPA, ACCA or CIMA.
- You agree that any information, insights or guidance contained in our Site, Services or Materials are not an attempt provide professional advice. It is not to be used or relied on as professional advice. You should exercise your own independent skill and judgment before relying on any information on the Site. Use of our Site, Services or Materials does not establish a professional-client relationship. The information on the Site and Materials should not be used as a substitute for professional advice or other such services.
- The Site, Services or Materials do not take into account your (or your Permitted Users’, where applicable) personal circumstances. They are not intended to be advice, they are not intended to be relied upon and they are not a substitute for professional advice based on your (or each Permitted User’s, where applicable) personal circumstances.
- You are solely responsible for determining the suitability of any of our Services and you (and you agree your Permitted Users, where applicable) rely on any information that is provided through our Site, Services or Materials at your/its own risk.
- This clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- You are liable for and agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless for and against any and all Claims, liabilities, suits, actions and expenses, including costs of litigation and reasonable legal costs, resulting directly or indirectly from:
- any information that is not accurate, up to date or complete or is misleading or a misrepresentation;
- any breach of these Terms; and
- any misuse of the Services, the Site or the Materials from or by you, a Permitted User (where applicable), your employees, contractors or agents.
- You agree to co-operate with us (at your own expense) in the handling of disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arise as a result of your use of the Services including but not limited to disputes, complaints, investigations or litigation that arises out of or relates to incorrect information you have given us.
- The obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
- Privacy: We agree to comply with the legal requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other applicable legislation or privacy guidelines.
- Email: You acknowledge that we are able to send electronic mail to you and receive electronic mail from you. You release us from any claim you may have as a result of any unauthorised copying, recording, reading or interference with that document or information after transmission, for any delay or non-delivery of any document or information and for any damage caused to your system or any files by a transfer.
- GST: If and when applicable, GST payable on the Services will be set out on our Invoices. By accepting these Terms you agree to pay us an amount equivalent to the GST imposed on these charges.
- Relationship of parties: These Terms are not intended to create a relationship between the parties of partnership, joint venture, or employer-employee.
- Assignment: These Terms are personal to the Parties. A Party must not assign or deal with the whole or any part of its rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of the other Party (such consent not to be unreasonably withheld).
- Severance: If any provision (or part of it) under these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid in any jurisdiction, then it will be interpreted as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be enforceable or valid. If a provision (or part of it) under these Terms cannot be interpreted as narrowly as necessary to allow it to be enforceable or valid, then the provision (or part of it) must be severed from these Terms and the remaining provisions (and remaining part of the provision) of these Terms are valid and enforceable.
- Force Majeure: We will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Terms if such delay is due to any circumstance beyond our reasonable control. If we are delayed from performing our obligations due to such a circumstance for a period of at least 2 months, we may terminate our agreement with you by giving you 5 business days' notice in writing.
- Notice: Any notice required or permitted to be given by either Party to the other under these conditions will be in writing addressed to you at the address in your Account. Our address is set out at the end of these Terms. Any notice may be sent by standard post or email, and notice will be deemed to have been served on the expiry of 48 hours in the case of post, or at the time of transmission in the case of transmission.
- Jurisdiction & Applicable Law: These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia. Each Party irrevocably and unconditionally submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts operating in New South Wales.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between you and us and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between you and us, whether oral or in writing.
- Cancellation Fee means a fee equal to 3 months of the Membership Fee for the Membership Period.
- Claim(s) includes a claim, notice, demand, right, entitlement, action, proceeding, litigation, prosecution, arbitration, investigation, judgment, award, damage, loss, cost, expense or liability however arising, whether present, unascertained, immediate, future or contingent, whether based in contract, tort or statute and whether involving a third party or a party to this Agreement or otherwise.
- Confidential Information includes confidential information about you or your Permitted Users (where applicable), your credit card or payment details, the business, structure, programs, processes, methods, operating procedures, activities, products and services, trade secrets, know how, financial, accounting, marketing and technical information, customer and supplier lists (including prospective customer and supplier information), ideas, concepts, know-how, Intellectual Property, technology, and other information whether or not such information is reduced to a tangible form or marked in writing as "confidential".
- GST means GST as defined in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth) as amended from time to time or any replacement or other relevant legislation and regulations.
- Intellectual Property includes any and all present and future rights to intellectual and industrial property throughout the world, and includes all copyright and analogous rights, all rights in relation to inventions (including patent rights), patents, improvements, registered and unregistered trademarks, designs (whether or not registered or registrable), any corresponding property rights under the laws of any jurisdiction, discovery, circuit layouts, trade names, trade secrets, secret process, know-how, concept, idea, information, process, data or formula, business names, company names or internet domain names.
- Moral Rights means the right of attribution of authorship, the right not to have authorship falsely attributed and the right of integrity of authorship, as defined in the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
THEOUTPERFORMER PTY LTD (ABN 69 608 961 780)
Level 13, 50 Carrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Email: [email protected]
Last update: 9th September 2017
LegalVision ILP Pty Ltd owns the copyright in this document and use without permission is prohibited.