WAYNE ANDREWS IN VIRTUAL FINANCE WORLD SUMMIT 2020
In our finance community, we often talk about what is important to do, but getting it done is another story. This is the difference between Wayne Andrews and the University of Sydney’s finance team, and the rest.
Wayne’s team are on an intentional transformational journey that is not being driven by another ‘system implementation’ but a holistic approach to building an adaptive finance culture that genuinely adds value their their organisation.
As this year’s CPA “Finance Team of the Year”, Wayne and his leadership group have;
- Introduced a robotics and innovation team which won a 2019 global award for their achievements.
- Development of a ‘culture of partnership’ underpinned by Trust & Legitimacy measures, dedicated leadership role-modelling and management, and learning incubators with a focus on ‘value creation’.
- Financial modelling capability uplift to provide finance a seat at the table in navigating complex and new scenarios.
- Ongoing to attention to the finance teams imperatives, with many team-led initiatives to take the finance team to the next level.
In this webinar, they explored Wayne’s philosophy and approach to putting into place genuine momentum and results, including;
- The role of leadership in a holistic finance transformation
- Why transformation cannot just be about ‘systems’ anymore, and how finance team’s need to change the narrative about their potential.
- The emergent nature of a culture change, and how finance takes a critical ‘seat at the table’.
- More innovation - Where to next for the “Finance Team of the Year”.